Sunday 25 April 2021

I Call It Barbarian Chicken.

 

Yesterday's lunch...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I call it Barbarian Chicken, but basically, it’s chicken barbacoa. Its roots lie in the Caribbean, and ultimately, Africa before that.

One has to have a name for it, in the unlikely event that I ever get a woman in this apartment, you know, like for dinner and stuff. Drinks and stuff. You want them to think that you are self-sufficient, which drives them mad for some reason...no, what I mean to say is that it makes you all the more intriguing, ah, gentlemen, because their last three or four husbands were about as useless as we can imagine.

I, ah, mean in the kitchen, and stuff like that, right...right...???

(Ahem.)

This meal was actually constructed using a Lou’s pre-cooked dinner entrée, (although Louis usually has them for lunch. – ed.)

It is the usual thing, I get to do the shopping, (and paying for stuff), hauling it up to the third floor, I do all the basic prep work and then good old #fritz gets all of the credit.

I do get to eat it, which is a plus—he can’t, being a purely imaginary being.

The product was $6.99 on special, and we (or I) got two meals out of it. Looking at the plate, one can see small portions of brightly-colored vegetables. Brightly-colored vegetables are good, ladies and gentlemen, as any front-page nutritionist, big girls who just like to cook, on a six-month contract and a government grant will surely attest, and they just want to help poor people make better nutritional choices on a limited budget, for example ODSP, (disability), roughly $1.25 per day, or in the case of OW, (welfare), a nickel.

...he could be wrong, but not by much... - ed.

So far, we haven’t seen too many potatoes in this blog, and that might even be a good thing. I like potatoes, but also enjoy certain substitutions, parsnip with roast, carrots at almost any time, the little baby turnips, I reckon cauliflower would serve a similar need.

You could do rice if it agrees with your #microbiome

The sauce in this product is very nice, there is some heat but it’s not crazy or stupid-hot or anything like that.

I believe that this is a glass of Carling Ice, 5.5 % alcohol by volume and $2.00 from the cooler at your local Ontario liquor outlet.

I could be wrong, but not very often—and not by much.

 

END

 

No comments:

Post a Comment