Wednesday 7 April 2021

A Big Guy, He Just Likes to Cook.

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just following on from the previous blog post, (On Bachelor Survival), this meal was constructed from a Lou’s Roast Turkey Breast in a sort of dark, savory gravy. It is different from Grandma’s gravy and different from family restaurant gravies.

As usual, we’re planning for leftovers.

We have the usual plastic tubs with perhaps half of the turnip and carrot that we so conscientiously cut up and boiled, all ready for tomorrow…

Still in the fridge are some cold beans from yesterday, but we decided to leave them out of the rotation, along with the carrot sticks in cold water that we also told you about.

The coleslaw, yes, I can have a dab of that, (but not much more), with pretty much any meal. 

Hell, I’ve had it with bacon and eggs.

Coleslaw is soul food.

There is a sprinkle of paprika on the coleslaw, this is one of several little tips for #longevity. My mother swears by a spoonful of #cinnamon on her oatmeal every morning, just a little boost to the immune system, but of course I’m a boy and need something just a little more masculine.

I grew up on raw meat and gunpowder, (but don’t tell Ma about that.)

Some other secret ingredients might include fresh-cracked black pepper and a very judicious bit of salt.

I put salt in the palm of my hand where I can see it, and then rub a little of that off onto the top of whatever meal. It gives me control—

Other than that, I could maybe use a dining room table, chairs, cutlery, proper china, good lighting and a better camera. Table-cloths, and napkin rings and bread and butter plates, shit like that. I need a half-decent candelabra, and maybe some kind of nice wall in the background, with fucking furniture and stuff... < argh >

I’m not on Instagram or anything.

I’m a big guy and I just like to cook—or maybe I just like not starving to death.

(That is his singles ad, incidentally. – ed.)

Other than that, it tastes all right.

Don't forget to drink beer, ladies and gentlemen. I really shouldn't have to remind you.

END

No comments:

Post a Comment