Tuesday 20 April 2021

Hot #superdough Bread From the Oven.

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On my way out the door at #superdough this morning, I grabbed a couple of dough-balls, one frozen and one that I had made about ten a.m.

While I put fresh product in our tall flash-freezers, it was still soft after clean-up, so on the way home, I throw a towel over them on the passenger seat.

(Louis is a thinker, ladies and gentlemen. – ed.)

It rises nicely, but drops a bit in the oven.

The frozen one goes in the freezer and the fresh one sits in the bag on top of the electric range while I unpack after a morning’s work and a few stops along the way.

For one thing, I had forgotten at least several items on yesterday’s shopping trip, but I really can’t cook without non-stick cooking spray, tin foil, black pepper…oh, yeah, Shake & Bake, extra crispy Southern Fried. I had to look in a couple of different stores, but there is nothing that can stop a hungry person. Or so I have always believed—

Incidentally, cooking oil is no substitute. I have tried rubbing it in the pan with a bit of paper towel, I have tried rubbing quite a lot of it around with my fingers. Do yourself a favor and try the Selection (no name) brand of butter-flavored spray. You will thank me in the end. I always spray the top of the bread as well, it gives it that nice color.

You’ll see that other stuff in a minute.

Anyhow, that had nicely risen by about two o’clock, this is a twenty-ounce ball of #superdough.

Timer: a buck and a half. Dollarama.

I have 10.5 x 15" convenience bags, but I do let that cool down, air out and maybe dry out before I bag that up for tomorrow.

In terms of a pretty nice lunch, one, I earned it, and two—the vegetables, including corn and green beans are basically leftovers, microwaved for a couple of minutes after the meat was cooked and all of that sort of thing.

As for the bread, the pictures speak for themselves.

 

#fritz

 

 

 

23 minutes at 375 F. Let it air for a while.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment